Sunday, September 30, 2007

How It All Started...

I have always been a doll lover. I started collecting dolls when I was still in my sophomore year in college. I think that was May 2001 to be precise. Bratz dolls dominate my collection. I have 104 of them but I stopped to give way to start a brand new Pullip and Taeyang collection.

But how did I came to know about them? Well, it's a really long story and it started because of this bag.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I bought this bag 2 years ago. Mainly because it has lots of dolls printed on it. And ever since, I was wondering what kind of dolls they are. I kept searching in the internet hoping to find what kind of dolls they are but it's no use since I don't know their names.

It was only last year that I found out about them during a Christmas trip to Hong Kong with my family. I saw them by chance in a store. I wanted to buy one but she's really expensive. If I'm not mistaken, the big ones cost HKD850 each and the petites cost HKD250. I just told myself I'll get one next time and at least know I know what kind of doll they are. They are Blythe Dolls.

As soon as we got home, I made my research and was amazed about how her eye color changes when you pull a string attached to her head. Then, I know I will surely get one. But sadly, I can't find a store here that sells her.

One day, when I got nothing to do in the lab, I randomly told one of my colleagues to go to Japan and help me buy a Blythe doll. It didn't occurred to me that time that her boyfriend works in Japan. Then she told me that her boyfriend is coming home and she could ask him to buy one for me. What she said really made my day. I really felt so lucky. ^^

The next day, she told me that her boyfriend agreed. I just need to tell them which doll I would like to get. Yay! As soon as I got home, I searched for the names of the different Blythe dolls that I like. In one of the searches, I saw Pullip. I didn't know what it is so I clicked the link and found the most beautiful dolls I've ever seen. So I researched more about them and fell in love with Pullip Nina and Taeyang Sage.

Phew! That's a really long story. I don't know if I made any sense though. Oh, well, I need to work on my next post. ^^

No comments: